Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Forbidden Kingdom 功夫之王

(The Chinese characters literally translate to "King of Kung Fu")


That's what I'm talking about! ;D
Better respect your teachers or else you gonna get beat!

When I was younger, I use to love watching "The Monkey King." And I know Jet Li is the Monkey King and all, but man was I disappointed a little when I saw the trailers for the movie... I thought Jet Li was actually gonna look like a monkey, like how it is in the cartoon and other versions. Pfft. Well, I don't know but now that I'm older and I feel like the story has some depth to it, I'm kinda interested in reading the actual book. I'll have to get my parents to get me a copy of it! =]

I can't wait to watch a free screening of it at Cal on Wednesday night! Woot! Even though I don't go there, my neighbor is getting me in. So, I guess I'm still paying money, not exactly free. $7.70. But, hey... it's worth it! :D

About what's going on lately,中国,你要加油!不可以让别的国家说你什么什么的坏话.你们要让所有的外国人看到中国很棒!加油!

2 comments:

Jasmine said...

Amy, I am going to UCSD next year. After 2 years my parents are letting me transfer somewhere... have any recommendations? I want to go to an arty school, with a good advertising, fine arts, etc program.

Anyways, what does "deactivating" your facebook do? Sounds like you're going internet-celibate. I hope you get this message then :E.

Hope to be talking to you soon, probably when you cave into the pressures of internet social networking fads. <3 I will draw you a graffiti if you return to facebook XD

<3 Jasminey

Rinny said...

Amy! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DEACTIVATED YOUR FACEBOOK OMG OMG OMG!
Actually... I might do that soon... I think from next week onwards... but the thing is, the only way people can get through to me is normally through facebook lol! =P

Also, I can't comment on your first post. Good luck with your finals!!! My first exam starts on the 19th May and I finish SOOOO late.... (9th June)

I love the songs on here btw! They totally raaaaaaawk! =)

The monkey king RAWKS! My childhood show!!! =) I always wanted one of those peaches haha! =)

Hmmmmm.... You can get through to me by email too =P Just if you need a break from work =) I always appreciate distractions!

<3 lots x~