Friday, April 11, 2008

Becoming a Woman: Before

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn." ~Alvin Toffler
What my Honest Tea "Peach Oh-La-Long" beverage cap said. How very true, indeed.

Not sure where to start but looks like I won't have to be stressing any longer, over next academic year's housing! Thank you, Buddha. :D I'll be living with 4 of my good friends that I met last Fall. Phew! The search is over! Yesterday, I wrote on my xanga (rarely used):
如果你知道的话,那你会不会改变你的主意?
我知道爸妈应该不会让我跟她们来往。
可是怎么办?我已经跟她们说好了。
哎呀!这个答案真的真的很困难。
该说什么才好??
帮我吧!
Why did I write this? Because I was unsure of whether or not I wanted to live with them since they do things that I don't really approve of, but yeah.... they are still my friends because they are great people and I trust them. 我跟妈妈讲她们喝酒的事,可是没跟她讲别的事。我真的不想跟父母说谎,可是如果不跟朋友住,那我父母会担心我没找到住房。跟她们住,不但比现在的住房便宜,而且也很靠近学校。如果朋友被警察抓到的话,那我就完蛋了!Let's hope they don't since I guess a lot of people do it in college. *crosses fingers* ='[

So remember how I said that I wanted to make myself prettier or well, learn how to dress better... to look more mature and stuff like that. Yeah, well yesterday afternoon I went with my friend, Chelsea to Ross! :D I bought these 1" heels. They're so cute! Plus, I thought it was time I learned how to walk in heels. So, today I went over to visit my brother, John, to celebrate his 29th birthday early (Tues) with him and I decided to wear them and see if my brother noticed because ever since I can remember, John has been trying to get me to wear cute, girly shoes and I always preferred my sneakers.

Did he notice? Yes, he did!! My brother's response = "Omg! You're wearing heels?! Does Mom know that you're wearing heels now? If she did, she'd probably laugh because we have always been trying to convince you to wear some and you always turn us down for your street shoes... Wow! The city has turned you into a woman!"

I guess a minor change in appearance really does have a big effect. I guess I'll be gradually learning how to be a "woman"... as he says. Thanks, San Francisco. No, seriously~ Thanks! :D

1 comment:

Rinny said...

Ahhh, the thing with living.. I mean, no matter HOW good your friends there will ALWAYS be things that you don't agree on and arguments. Then, you have to be the bigger person and learn to forgive.

My mum's is always complaining about how the only thing i've learn at uni is to drink *eye roll*... that's not true! I've learnt to drink WELL haha! Kidding laaaa! Uni will change you =) It's inevitable ^^

I heart Colbie Callait!! Bubbly is my ultimate favourite song!

Uni = lessons for life ^_^ I hope you learn some good ones! xD

heart heart <3