Thursday, April 17, 2008

"Every human being is the author of his own health or disease." -Buddha

My Chinese professor edited my speech for this Mandarin Speech Competition I have on April 27th. And guess how she made her corrections... on a cassette tape! Ai ya! So, today I got out of Speech class early and went over to the Language Lab to listen to the cassette tape since I don't own a cassette player... anymore. So old school~~ But yeahh... SO MANY CORRECTIONS! I need to practice it like crazy before then! Also, I have to practice my Persuasive speech for Tuesday.

And how can it get worse... my voice died today! That's how! >___<" But I think I know why this is all of a sudden happening to me. Bad karma points, I don't want to go into details about what I did. Let's just say, I lied to someone so that I wouldn't have to do something because I wanted to sleep in. And, of course... here I am, with no voice. I know, bad bad BADDDDDD AMY! I deserve it. Well, at least I got to go see The Forbidden Kingdom (Wednesday night @ Cal) before it comes out tomorrow! =] Yay!? I thought it was really funny, but I think the crowd kinda ruined the movie for me... people kept talking when I wanted to hear what the actors and actresses were saying on screen! Ahhh, but hey... what an interactive crowd Cal is. =]

Note to Self: Do not go on BART late at night, like MIDNIGHT! Yeah, so... when I was waiting for BART, these 3 guys dressed in clown costumes came over. Clowns are scary as hell! I heard them saying that they were going to the same destination as I am... I think they were kinda drunk, so I guess they didn't make the transfer train. Thank you, Buddha!! =]

Well, there's so much work to be done! I mustn't get distracted! And besides, I made plans to go to Oakland for a photoshoot with Jellee and Crystal on Saturday! Stay on track!
---
Wisdom of the Day:
"Is there anything I can do to make myself enlightened?" "As little as you can do to make the sun rise in the morning." "Then of what use are the spiritual exercises you prescribe?" "To make sure you are not asleep when the sun begins to rise."
--Anthony deMello, from One Minute Wisdom
Amy says: I really need to start waking up earlier...

1 comment:

Rinny said...

爱中国 <3