Saturday, April 26, 2008

JIA YOU!

3rd place! :DD
Not too shabby, I suppose. Hehe!
Oh yeah! And other things that I've achieved today!
-Wearing heels!
-Putting makeup on myself! It looks natural, doesn't it?

Anyhow, not really anything else to do, but finish up my homework and finish writing my other speech so that I can get my professor to edit it and then memorize! Oh yeah and practice singing, but unfortunately, I'm pretty much banned from singing in my house. -____- My roommates don't particularly like my singing... ><" I probably go way off key or something. =/ I'll go to the laundry room and practice! No one really goes there anyway and I won't really be disturbing anyone (I hope!) Oh, and I chose my song! I'm gonna sing "Wei Yi" by Leehom Wang!My Chinese professor who thinks Leehom Wang is hot! :D I love my Chinese professor, Cheng Chih-Yih, she's just so incredibly funny, interesting, and very proud of being Chinese! Yes, very proud! Like, she has the greatest & funniest stories about why China is so AWESOME! And it is! Lol... after she says her stuff.
Micky: "Won't I look like a pig?"
Amy: "Fine!" *stuffs bagel into mouth*
Micky: I guess I feel better now. :D
Welcome Ceremony for the 33rd Annual Chinese Speech Contest of California! We're all in the same Chinese class, CHIN 250 aka Intermediate Chinese (From left to right: Me, Micky, Ruby, Jasmine)Rm. 270, where we were judged... *dun dun dun* The guy behind us is the one who got 1st place with his darn cat story! Arggg... but haha, a lot of people had some really amazing speeches! We were in the uh, group where everyone spoke English at home? Which basically means a lot of non-Chinese people. Micky, this one guy, and me were the only Chinese! I'm kinda ashamed of myself... -__- Why did I drop out of Chinese school when I was younger? I could've been fluent by now! Aw well, no regrets! What's important is that I'm ready to learn Chinese now! OH! So, I guess it's kinda a stretch, but the judges' last names were Bai and Wang and when they introduced themselves, I was thinking to myself... "Where's Ma lao shi?" Because 白马王子 (Bai Ma Wang zi) = White Horse Prince! Hahah, do you get it? Okay... I have a weird imagination. -___-;;My trophy! From far away, Micky and I were guessing what it was... Micky thought it was a figure of a person flexing their muscles and I thought it was a Mouse because y'know... it's the Year of the Rat. But nooooo... it's a freak'n lamp. Aladdin style! xD

1 comment:

Rinny said...

Jia You!!!
WELL DONE WELL DONE WELL DONE!! xD
chinese is an amazing language and if i could speak it as well as you then i'd be very happy =) *hugs*
NICE TROPHY!!!! =]